Monday, June 29, 2009

Blank

Blank page, yearning for a fix, something I can’t fill with half empty cans or stale cigarettes. A burning in my chest like a 5 alarm fire, your name on my tongue, we walk the thinnest wire. Between the then and now, two birds on a string, yearning to fly, but we can’t find our wings. Our beaks are sewn shut and our legs refuse to walk, the body of our future is already outlined in chalk.

Mind races like an acid trip, bright colorful and mean. I’ve hardly always known you but you’re the crutch on which I lean. Take me from this prison, a cage around my heart, lines tangled and twisted in knots and I don’t know where to start.

The days are like a puzzle, a child grabs the star, but it won’t fit the square and that kind of puzzle won’t go far. We’re electric like two cables, red to red and blue to blue, but you’ve always been a little more black and there’s nothing I can do. Sputtering, stalling, squealing, halt. I want to taste the smile lines, but my mouth tastes more like salt.

We’re slow dancing on a tight rope, teetering on the ledge, we push and pull the tight rope, getting closer to the edge. A tale of star crossed lovers never turns out right, when it flickers and fades, you realize it’s only an airplane in the night.

1 comment: